Sometime you will find a message like "Your feed filesize is larger than 576K. You need to reduce its size in order for FeedBurner to process it. Tips for controlling feed file size with Blogger can be found in Tech Tips on FeedBurner Forums, our support site" while generating your blog feeds through FeedBurner.
FeedBurner will not process an original feed from your blog if it is greater than 512K in size. (This limitation only applies to the actual size of the feed file itself and does not include any images or media files you may have linked to or embedded in your posts.) To get a feed larger than 512K back down to size on Blogger, you need to add a parameter to the address for your original feed's URL, the one that FeedBurner checks for updates in order to keep your FeedBurner feed current, that tells Blogger to shorten it to a specific number of posts. To do this, follow the below instructions:
- Sign into your FeedBurner account.
- Under "Burn a feed right this instant" area, enter your blog URL say: http://ithindi.blogspot.com.
- Click on "I am a postmaster" and then click on "Next".
- Now it should find the feed URL for your blog. Normally it will be two like http://ithindi.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default and http://ithindi.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss.
- Select one of these two links and then click next. Generally you will find the above error message here.
- Now go downward where your feed URL will appear say: http://ithindi.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default. Here you need to add "?max-results=3".
- Now your feed will be http://ithindi.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?max-results=3.
- Now click on "Next", you will now able to burn your feed.
Please note that you can increase the feed result by increasing the number. That means if you want to see 10 results instead of 3, just add "?max-results=10" (then your URL will be http://ithindi.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?max-results=10). You can keep increase the number until it reaches the flow point. If you are facing this problem with the feed which you have registered earlier, then follow the below instructions:
- Sign in to your FeedBurner account.
- At the dashboard, click on the feed in which you are facing problem.
- Now click on "Edit feed details" just below your feed name.
- In "Original feed" area, add "?max-results=3" at the last of that feed.
- Again, you can increase the number of results until you reach your maximum point.