Sep 5, 2011

List of special folders in Windows


  1. Application Data (Per-user application-specific files): %USERPROFILE%\Application Data


  2. Cookies (Internet Explorer browser cookies): %USERPROFILE%\Cookies

  3. Desktop Directory (Files stored on the user's desktop): %USERPROFILE%\Desktop

  4. Favorites (User's Favorites): %USERPROFILE%\Favorites

  5. Fonts (Container folder for installed fonts): %windir%\Fonts

  6. History (User-specific browser history): %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\History

  7. Internet Cache (User-specific Temporary Internet Files): %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

  8. Local Application Data (User-specific and computer-specific application settings): %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data

  9. My Documents (User's documents): %USERPROFILE%\My Documents

  10. My Music (User's music): %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Music

  11. My Pictures (User's pictures): %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures

  12. My Videos (User's video files): %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Videos

  13. Programs (User-specific "(All) Programs" groups and icons): %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs

  14. Recent (User-specific "My Recent Documents"): %USERPROFILE%\Recent

  15. Send To (User-specific "Send To" menu items): %USERPROFILE%\SendTo

  16. Start Menu (User-specific "Start Menu" items): %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu

  17. System (The Windows system directory): %windir%\system32

  18. Saved Games (User's Saved Games): %USERPROFILE%\Saved games

  19. Templates (User-specific document templates): %USERPROFILE%\Templates