Installation of Lotus Domino
- Execute the Setup file and click Next.
- Enter your name (e.g. Nilabh Verma) and your company's name (e.g. BNV Inc.).
- If you want to install Partitioned Server, check the Partition Server box.
- Define the program folder (by default C:\Lotus\Domino) and data folder (by default C:\Lotus\Domino\Data). You can also change the path as per you.
- Choose the server type (Application Server, Messaging Server or Enterprise Server). If you don't know what to select, you can select Enterprise Server.
- If you want to customize the services, click on Customize where you can select or deselect the services.
- Choose the default program folder for Lotus Application.
- Now it will install the Domino Server. After installation, click Finish.
Configure Domino Server
- Start the Domino for first time from Start -> Programs -> Lotus Application -> Lotus Domino Server.
- Select Start Domino as Regular Application and check Don't Ask Me Again option. Click Next.
- Select Setup the First and Stand Alone Server and click Next.
- Give the Server Name e.g. New Server and Server Title (optional) e.g. Server for Delhi Branch. Here you can also provide the your own (old) Server Id file if you have else it will automatically create the new Server.Id file.
- Provide the Organization Name e.g. BNV Inc. and Organizational Certifier Password. Please note that your Certifier Password is extremely important so keep it safe.
- If you want to provide Organizational Unit and Country (both are optional), click on Customize and provide them.
- Enter the Domino Domain e.g. BNV and click Next.
- Now provide Administrator Name (e.g. Admin) and Password (*****). Administrator's last name is mandatory and password should be of minimum 5 characters.
- Click on Also Save a Copy to Local Disk (not mandatory but recommended) and click Next.
- Select all internet services (Web Browsers, Mail Client and LDAP) and click Next.
- Click on Customize and provide FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) e.g. Delhi.BNV.Com.
- Select both available options and click Next.
- Review the details and click on Setup. After setup, click Finish.
- Now again click Start -> Programs -> Lotus Application -> Lotus Domino Server to start the Domino Server for first time.
- It's all done friends. Your Domino Server is fully installed and configure. Enjoy!
After installing and configuring Lotus Domino Server, next step is to install and configure Lotus Notes Client. To see the step by step procedure, click here.