Installation of Lotus Notes client
- Execute the setup file.
- Click on Next and accept terms & conditions and then click Next.
- Give the username (e.g. Nilabh Verma) and company name (e.g. BNV Inc.).
- Provide the path for program (by default C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes) and data folder (by default C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes\Data). You can also change the path as per your comfort.
- You will find three applications. Choose what you want to install (you can choose one or all). To select, click on each application and select "This feature and all sub features will install on local drive" and click Next.
- Notes Client: For end users (most common).
- Domino Designer: For Lotus Notes Designers and Programmers.
- Domino Administrator: For Lotus Domino Administrators.
- Click on "Make notes my default email program" and click on Install.
- After installation is over, click on Finish.
Configuration of Lotus Notes Client
- Open Lotus Notes/Designer/Administrator for first time and click Next. Make sure that Domino Server is running.
- Enter the administrator name (e.g. Admin) and server name (e.g. Server1) and click Next.
- Click on "Set up connection to a local area network" and click Next.
- Enter the domino server name (e.g. Server1), click on "Select a network type" and choose TCP/IP.
- Now enter the IP address of server (e.g. 192.168.0.1) and click Next. (Note: It may take 2 or 3 attempts to connect to the server).
- It will ask you the administrator password. Enter the admin password and click on OK.
- You can further configure the Instant Messaging (Sametime), Mail Clients, News Groups, LDAP or other settings or just skip it for now and click on OK.
- You are done now. Your Lotus Notes Client is installed and fully configured.